21 November 2017

HOWARD RiLEY & ELTON DEAN - Pendley Manor Jazz Festival 1985


Earliest known to me recorded duet of Riley and Dean. From the same event, as R&B by Howard Riley and Jaki Byard, released as Slam CD (with cover designed by Andy Isham).

HOWARD RiLEY & ELTON DEAN - Pendley Manor Jazz Festival 1985

01. Tring Thing (improvisation) [27:35]

Howard Riley - piano
Elton Dean - saxello

Live at The First Pendley Manor Jazz Festival, Tring, UK, 5th July 1985

BBC Radio 3 broadcast, recorded off air, transfered (VHS SP > VHS LP > flac) and shared on Dime by PsyKies in 2010. Additional repairs and slight noise reduction by miloo2.

9 comments:

miloo2 said...

flac

ulozto.net

Paczkipipco said...

Thanks, Milos.

wightdj said...

Appreciated, thanks.

francisco santos said...

BIG THX!...

reservatory said...

Always something new and unexpected just around the corner. Thanks!

Andy said...

Thanks very much for this Milos. It's good to hear this again 32 years after being at the gig. It was at that festival that I first met Paul Dunmall and Paul Rogers who had been playing with Tenor Tonic.

bventure said...

Great, thanks Miloš.

miloo2 said...

@ Andy - nice synchronicities. I was thinking whether you have this broadcast recorded, when I saw your name on Riley / Byard Slam CD cover. BTW, I went in contact with George Haslam, when I ordered Slam cds featuring Elton Dean from him. And then he asked me to arrange some concerts in Czech for him... It leads me now to thought that I got a lot of live recordings from George's Czech adventures and some of the CD-Rs might be still playable.

Andy said...

@ Milos. I think I do have a tape of the Broadcast but in much poorer sound. I've just put together a cover for a new Howard Riley solo cd coming out on Slam in February I think.